Lord Cassalanter announces a daring raid! Xanathar routed!!

BREAKING NEWS

Mirtul 9, 1493 DR

Earlier today, Lord Victorio Cassalanter announced he led a group of retainers, allies and friends in a daring assault on the secret lair of the Xanathar's Guild.

According to Cassalanter's missive:  "It should not fall to the private citizens of this fair city to patrol and protect the city from such threats.  But for too long now, the Open Lord has looked the other way as dangerous criminal elements have proliferated unchecked in the city.  I was tired of waiting for long-overdue official action.

And so I thundered forth upon this wicked abomination, like the wrath of a just god.  He was holed up like an oyster in its shell.  But I smashed through their defenses.  I broke the resolve of his soldiers, and crushed them as they panicked and fled.  With the help of my men and my ally, we are holding the Xanathar's lair, and clearing it of any remaining threats to the good people of Waterdeep.

I only hope that this blow might help bring an end to the violence in our fair city.  As my ancestor Caladorn Cassalantar once secured by bringing an end to the last guildwar."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"A Requiem for Father Earendil"

Help Wanted

Waterdeep's New Top Cop